Sunday 12 October 2014

Soul Orange Vintage goes to Mente de Moda


Heavy lifting, setting up racks, sorting through boxes of endless vintage pieces, cleaning tables and chairs on an empty stomach yet a broad smile on my face, this was me last Sunday. It was Soul Orange Vintage’s first exhibition at the Mente de Moda fair. This is beginning to seem like a combination of Greek and French; let me explain.

Soul Orange Vintage is a collector and retailer of pure vintage and vintage inspired pieces. They comb the country and the world collecting vintage pieces for vintage lovers. Vintage clothes are clothes, glamorous clothes that were made  from the 1940s to the 1980s while vintage inspired clothes are clothes modeled after vintage clothes. I hope this throws light on your understanding.

Now what is Mente de Moda? Mente de Moda is a trade fair organized by the Bang and Kosher Company for retailers of all sorts to market their products to willing buyers. So what you have is this marketplace of happy sellers and buyers. There is something about the Mente de Moda crowd, they are young, quirky, stylish, weird (in a good way), got the right amount of attitude and have this feel-good energy.


So yes, this was Soul Orange Vintage’s first time at the fair and it was amazing! The Soul Orange stand was buzzing with customers testing and of course purchasing fabulous pieces off the racks. My smile broadened every time customers left with their SOV bags and smiles on their faces and yeah, a thank-you chocolate bar as well.

The Mente de Moda fair is truly inspiring for me because what I see is a bunch of young, resilient and hard working people who have embraced entrepreneurship and are drawing their own silver linings through very niche and unique markets driven by passion. Oh wait; I haven’t said who I am in all of this. Well, my sister owns Soul Orange Vintage. Let me rephrase, my sister who sent her Law degree and MBA membership on a long vacation is the CEO of Soul Orange Vintage.


By the way, you can contact Soul Orange Vintage for amazing pieces at very affordable prices: 07088812736, 08062232087; soulorangevintage@gmail.com; insta:@soulorangevintage; BB: 7E1CB05A; www.facebook.com/soulorangevintage.


CEO SOV and me..i'm wearing SOV









Me and happy SOV customers



SOV stand










Happy customer testing her pieces















No comments:

Post a Comment