Wednesday 13 November 2013

Valerie

Written by @Hardeyi


Valerie,

Why do you tarry? Have you grown weary of fighting for us? Have you succumbed to the pressure of time and space? Are you in doubt? Have you forgotten about all we said before you left?

Valerie,

I see through your smile when we Skype. I see through those videos of you that you send. I can hear the pain in your voice in those voice notes you send. A hundred and six of them and they all bear your pain.

Valerie,

The reality of been so far away is eating you up and it shows. I feel it in the way you say goodbye after a two-hour phone call. It hurts me to listen to messages and how detached they seem.

Valerie,

Your love ear. Your high cheek bones, those eyes of yours and how they speak volumes. Those beautiful lips, so sweet, so tender when we first kissed. Do you remember what I said?

Valerie,

Just like an Onion, you have to be peeled back layer after layer till one gets to the centre. You built your walls so high it is a surprise how I scaled through it.

Valerie,

I feel your pain can you feel mine too ? Can you feel me hurting or have you let the male facade deceive you? Has it blinded you to the fact that my heart beats only for you?

Valerie,

It has been awesome being friends, but I am tired of it. Why waste our potential of having something great just because of our fears? Fears will always be there but they should not stop us from trying.

Valerie,

Together we can move mountains, together we can sail across any ocean, together we can fight the toughest of demons. Together we can be awesome.

Valerie,

Why do you tarry? Come back home already. My heart is crying out for you. Can you hear it? Why do you tarry?

for more creative reads, visit Hardehyi.wordpress.com


1 comment: